The 2017 edition of NFPA 61 helps you implement appropriate dust control measures and improve safety.
In agricultural and food processing facilities, dust control is particularly important to safeguard lives, property, and commodities from potentially deadly and highly destructive fire and explosion hazards.
NFPA 61: Standard for the Prevention of Fires and Dust Explosions in Agricultural and Food Processing Facilities governs facilities that handle bulk agricultural materials, their by-products, and other combustible dusts with requirements for facility construction, ventilation and venting, heat transfer operations, dust control measures, equipment design and installation, explosion prevention and protection, pneumatic conveying, and building fire prevention.
Make sure you're working with the latest provisions including:
- Changes that align with the newly issued NFPA 652: Standard on the Fundamentals of Combustible Dust
- Added objectives in Chapter 4: General Requirements
- New Chapter 5: Hazard Identification
- New Chapter 6: Performance-Based Design Option
- New requirements in Chapter 7: Dust Hazard Analysis (DHA)
- Updated table on agricultural dust test data
NFPA 61 is a critical resource for facility owner/operators, safety and health consultants, and enforcers responsible for protection of lives and property in bulk agricultural processing facilities; animal feed production facilities; starch manufacturing facilities; and food production facilities such as bakeries, cereal manufacturing facilities, snack food production, and candy manufacturing.
- Number of Pages: